Preparation of Drilling Fluids
Dispersion and hydration of Barite ( a mordant material) require an advanced system other than rotor/stator mixers. Diffusion of the bentonite and rheology transforms into water or brine for preparation of the water/oil emulsions. The following processes fulfill this transaction:
- Efficient incorporation and dispersion of powders into the water
- Surrounding liquid with finest constituent parts of particles to expose the maximum surface area for gelling effect
- Functional Shear Degree
- The rapid in-tank movement
- Sufficient droplet size for a stable emulsion
Problems with basic equipment:
- The particles collected using conventional mixers are not effectively broken.
- During the gelling effect, conventional products are inefficient and are unable to reduce particle size.
- Extra mix tanks are required to pre-hydrate bentonite in a minimum of 4 hours.
Drilling fluids include:
- Bore cuttings of the surface
- Cooling and Lubrication of the drill
- Control of subsurface pressure
A Wahal Engineer high shear mixer/homogenizer can overcome each problem resulting in a stable water/oil emulsion. Also, it takes little time compared to conventional methods. The operation is as follows:
- The high-speed rotation of the rotor produces an efficient suction that collects the water and bentonite in the system which is subjected to high shear.
- Milling action occurs between the rotor and stator, which breaks and ensures contact between the liquid and solid particles.
- Fresh material is pushed into the system after the complete product is pushed out of the stator.
- A lump-free dispersion after the combination of deagglomeration and vigorous mixing produces further; thus, accelerating the hydration process.
Advantage of our product:
- Fitting in the existing plant
- Breaking of hard agglomerates
- Powder dispersion
- Reduces process time
- Increased yield
- Reduced Size for a stable oil/water emulsion
The shear mixer/homogenizer concentrates its effort on the relatively small volume within the system rather than the entire batch, a more energy-efficient process. The drilling muds can be produced using an In-Line mixer available on a recirculation basis. However, the modified Flashmix powder/liquid mixing systems can also be supplied for continuous single-pass production of mud, and these tend to be used for onshore drilling of pipelines.
High shear In-Line mixer homogenizer for Preparation of Drilling Fluids. Wahal Engineer’s high-performance rotor/stator system.
High Shear In-Line Mixers/homogenizer
- Should be used in conjunction with an effective agitator to wet out powders and ensure in-tank uniformity
- They are ideal for huge batches
- Are aeration free
- They can be easily retrofitted to the existing plant
- Includes self-pumping
- Can be used to discharge vessel, depending on the available product’s viscosity
- Have availability of multistage units
Wahal Engineer high shear In-Line mixer/homogenizer provides advantages to the processor – speed, versatility, self-pumping, aeration-free, and guaranteed efficiency. At the core of every mixer is Wahal Engineer’s high-performance rotor/stator system.
- The high-speed rotor blades with a precision-based mixing system exert a high suction; thus, moving the liquid and solid materials into the present rotor/stator assembly.
- The materials using Centrifugal force move to the periphery of the system where milling action occurs between the rotor blades and stator.
- Hydraulic shear forces perforations in the stator and then to the machine outlet along the pipework.
- Fresh material fills the system maintaining the mixing and pumping cycle.
- No Bypassing
- Interchangeable systems
- Materials of Construction
- Motor Specification
- Inlet and Outlet Connections